Journey through Himalayan mountains, valleys and rivers while reflecting on life’s purpose itself.
The musafir experience blends outer exploration with inner seeing; travel with mindfulness. We curate off-beat Himalayan journeys of rare otherworldly beauty and pure soul!
You’ll leave not just with memories of spectacular sights; but also deep personal Insights.
This year we’re also celebrating Int’l Yoga Day on June 21st, the Summer Solstice – at the birthplace of Yoga, the Himalayas!
Our Journeys in June are curated keeping Buddhist history & Mindfulness practices at the core, alongside exploring Yoga Philosophy & practice.
From June 11-25, we travel through Spiti and trek to Deo Tibba base camp – both accessed from Manali (overnight bus-drive from Delhi).
You can also join us for either one weeks if you can’t take the fortnight off for both the Journeys.
Yogi + Guide
- Teaching Yoga & Meditation since 2003.
- Lived and trained for 7 years with his Guru – Himalayan Yogi, Bharat Thakur.
- Moved on from being the CEO of Artistic Yoga in 2010, and co-founded Total Yoga with Neetu Singh
- Total Yoga has spread from India to USA, UK, UAE, NZ, Singapore & Canada
- Leads Himalayan retreats in India & Bhutan; as well as Yoga Teacher Trainings in Bali.
- Founder of 21st Century Yoga for online Yoga + Nature retreats.
- Led the main Meditation event at the Dubai Expo 2020.
- Taught at the YPO as well as TV shows including TATA Sky Active, authored Pune Mirror columns.
- Trained the UAE National Golf team and Bijapur Bulls cricket team.
- Taught Yoga to India’s most successful actors, musicians, political & business leaders.
- Accenture, Dell, Microsoft, IBM, Infosys, Citibank, HSBC, Hager and even at Marlboro!
- Fundraising for children’s education at the Vidya Foundation through Yoga events
- Taught Yoga at the Poona Blind School
- Taught Yoga at Old Age centers in Singapore
“Barren mountains, treacherous passes and serpentine rivers, this high-altitude, cold desert landscape looks almost otherworldly” – BBC Travel
Spiti literally means ‘ Middle Land’ (land between Tibet and India), the perfect metaphor for its Vajrayana Buddhist heritage!
The Tabo Monastery was established over 1,000 years ago (996 CE) and is the oldest continuously operating Buddhist enclave in both India and the Himalayas – much loved by the Dalai Lama. The Kye Monastery (also 1000 years old) is the largest in Spiti and visually stunning!
We’ll explore the Spiti Valley where semi-nomadic Gaddi sheep-herders have been spending summers for centuries.
We’ll trek to Komic – the highest village in the world with a motorable road (4587mts), and send postcards home from Hikkim – the world’s highest post office!
Each night we’ll Camp in tents under the stars and visit Homestays to meet with the villagers, savouring local food.
Our last night camping is on the spectacular Chandrataal lake – a once in a lifetime view of the Himalayan night skies!
Trip Highlight: FULL MOON Meditation overlooking the Himalayas, Kye Monastery and Spiti valley, June 14th.
Dense conifer forests, lush green meadows, high altitude lakes and snow-capped mountains
Deo Tibba literally means “God/s’ Hill” – according to mythology, the dome-shaped peak of Deo Tibba is where the Gods meet, with Indra (king of Heaven & the Gods) presiding from his throne, the Indrasen peak!
At 6601 mts, Deo Tibba is one of the higher peaks of the Pir Panjal Range stretching all the way from Kashmir.
Our daily treks are of moderate difficulty level and span 3-5 hours, with spectacular views of the snow-capped Pir Panjal range on one side and the Dhauladhar range on the other.
Every night we’ll Camp in tents at some of the most picturesque Himalayan meadows!
Shuru is the only village we encounter on this trail.
Arjuna cave is where Arjuna meditated to obtain the ‘Divyastras’, celestial weapons, in the Mahabharata epic (1500 BCE); while Jogidugh is believed to be the abode of Thakshak Nag (serpent god)
Trip Highlight: INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY Yoga & Meditation experience surrounded by the Himalayas! (Bogi Thach Meadow, June 21)